MAC addresses and ra timestamps

poncenby smythe smythe at poncenby.plus.com
Tue Oct 17 15:05:22 EDT 2006

list,

i have a pcap file in which i can clearly see mac addresses for each
endpoint.
i run this command:

argus -r dump.pcap -w dump.data

then run this command to see the normal ra output but with mac
addresses also:

./ra -r argus.data -s +smac +dmac

no MAC fields are appended to the output, i've tried it printing just
the smac and dmac pair and nothing is printed at all.

a separate issue....

could someone tell me how to manipulate the stime and ltime fields,
so I can get the date as well as the time.
i've read the man pages, honest!

many thanks in advance