Flow aggregation..

s442755 at mindlessproductions.com s442755 at mindlessproductions.com
Fri Oct 6 19:45:27 EDT 2006

> Hey Rick,
> Application specific configuration files use the "-f conf.file" option.
> The "-F ra.rc.like.conf" option is used for the general ra* client
> configuration. So for racluster(), you should use the "-f conf.file"
> option.

yea sorry.. i noticed that afterwards :(

>     Ok, so I need to fix a few things including my brain.   The
> filter syntax
> for networks and masks that I suggested was way off.   For the filter,
> the correct syntax is:
>
>     "net x.y.z.w mask x.y.z.a"

yep that's got it :) thanks :) (sorry, i should have read the code)
that behaviour also matches the 'filter expression' on the end :)

>     saddr/[digit | ipv4 | ipv6]
>
> so examples could be:
>
>     saddr/18
>     saddr/67
>     saddr/255.255.0.255
>     saddr/ffff::ffff

nice.. particularly on the v6 :)

i just tested with special case of [sd]addrlen == 0:

model="daddr/0 proto port"

which causes a segfault :(

model="daddr/1 proto port"

works as expected so just the special 0 case not handled..

> The saddrlen and daddrlen variables are for the address mask length,
> and so an 'int' can handle it no problem (actually I've changed it to
> a short
> since you pointed it out).

that was how it appeared i just couldn't see where you were putting address
in that case but if it was removed then that'll be why :)

to be pedantic :(, could prolly get away with an unsigned char or uint8_t
(to be slightly less standard :().. it should probably be range checked
where it parsed so can spit usage() before processing data for hours and
potentially yielding unexpected values.. else unsigned at least?

> I'll have a new set of code up on monday that implements this.

Many thanks. :)