new release candidate code 35 on the server

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Nov 17 13:02:35 EST 2006

Gentle people,
I have uploaded rc.35 on the server.   It should fix most outstanding
issues, at least that I am aware of.  For the clients it has rahisto
() and
ramatrix() as additions, so give them a try.

rahisto() has a man page, ramatrix() does not, but it just generates
a matrix style screen from a realtime live argus server feed, so try:

    ramatrix -S argus.host

It is interesting, and the only matrix like display that is driven by
real
network traffic, as least that I am aware of.

There is some grumbling about argus-3.0 not compiling cleanly on
some versions of Solaris.  For those with Solaris, can we verify this?

OK, so I'm about to say argus-3.0 is releasable, if there is no
objection.
I would like to consider releasing argus-3.0 before the end of the year,
so getting the documentation ready is the next priority.

Opinions?

CEO/President
QoSient, LLC
150 E. 57th Street Suite 12D