latest argus?

slif at bellsouth.net slif at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 16 16:42:24 EST 2006

I have no experience with projects managed using freshmeat.  If others feel strongly for
freshmeat, I'm happy to use that system.

SourceForge can help the community organize and track patches and enhancement requests.  The author controls the content and access to the source base and to the patch/bugfix mechanisms, without requiring a lot of administrative effort.

I've had pretty good results using SourceForge for other open source software project that I've seen.  SourceForge offers CVS and SVN.  I'm in favor of the simplicity of CVS.  The SourceForge CVS file browser offers good visibility for change management for projects that are mature, as this one is.  The CVS Browser is not great, but not bad for the price (turn off pop-ups and images not originating  from SourceForge. Yes, the delay is not optimal for study, but workable).

Yours In Trust,
-Mike Slifcak