rasort coredump (Peter Van Epp)

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Jun 28 10:49:14 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 12:11:59PM +0730, CS Lee wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Thanks, that's not a issue of rasort, should be the cause of the
> limitation of my box, I tried to run rasort with -R for the files
> lesser than 300MB and it goes fine and only after it exceeds certain
> big file size then it goes dumping. I'm now recompiling my kernel to
> see how things go.
>
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> CS Lee<geek00L[at]gmail.com>

	Running out of memory isn't an rasort issue I agree, the segfault when
it does run out of memory is. The calloc call should return failure and rasort
should issue the out of memory message (which as I recall it did) and then
exit gracefully rather than seg fault. The seg fault would indicate that
something is trying to use the unallocated memory which is likely a bug.