rasort coredump

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Jun 26 21:30:58 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 08:42:27AM +0730, CS Lee wrote:
> I'm not repeating the issue, however I just want to tell that I only
> have core dumped when I run it recursively.
>
> rasort -R 26/ -M daddr dport saddr - ip
> rasort[: 09:09:09.039305 ArgusMallocListRecord ArgusMalloc Cannot
> allocate memory
> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>
> I notice if I run rasort against single argus file, it does go fine.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> CS Lee<geek00L[at]gmail.com>

	If you have .debug enabled a where in gdb from the core file would be
interesting. That would indicate where the code isn't looking at the allocation
failure return code correctly :-). To turn debug on in the argus clients source
directory

touch .debug
touch .devel
./configure
make

	If I recall correctly you are using one of the BSDs. In such a case
you may need to add

options MAXDSIZ="(1380*1024*1024)"
options DFLDSIZ="(1380*1024*1024)"
options MAXSSIZ="(1024*1024*1024)"

to your kernel config file and rebuild the kernel to increase the memory
available per task (by now there may also be a sysctl to do this this is from
my 4.10 system). If you have more memory boost the first number (this is on a
750 meg real machine).