racount fix for FreeBSD

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Jun 21 09:18:23 EDT 2006

Hey Richard,
    Documentation is the bane of my existence.  It's like you have
to account for what you've done, and I always see what isn't
finished, rather that what was completed.   But, with the help
of all, hopefully it will get done.

    You had asked about 64-bit machines and argus-3.0 earlier
in the year, and argus-3.0 is suppose to be 64 all things, so if
you still have an interest, could you test argus on some of your
amd hardware?

    I suspect that in order to really test this stuff we'll need
a canonical packet capture file as a data source.    Are there
any big packet capture files out there in the big bad world?
I found some trace archives in Japan that at least have
tcpdump() data that we can use.

    Does anyone have a favorite source of data that we can
use as a test set?

Carter