argus-clients-3.0.0.rc.6.tar.gz and FreeBSD 4.10

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Jun 15 11:31:31 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:11:26AM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Peter,
>    I'll try to get rid of the ifndef's.   It does like #if !defined()?

	Yep, I thought of doing that (and can and supply the patch) but the
warnings appear to be harmless (complaining about the redefine which is
identical) so it didn't seem worth the effort but it would be cleaner.

> I'll also try to get the code lined up right (some have this
> notion of an explicit declaration section, so I'll try to
> conform to that.
>
>    Right now we have a significant little-endian problem with
> argus-2.0 record conversion, so I'm working on that.

	All to the good! I've ordered a couple of IBM P510 Power5 boxes for
new sensors so when they come I should have both endians (and some new Sun
Opteron boxes) to play with. As I get time I'll continue poking at 3.0.
	The Linux ring buffer code appears to have internal problems. On argus
it goes west so hard that a reset is the only thing that will recover, and
that seems really unlikely to be argus :-) although it seems to mostly survive
when running tcpdump.