argus-clients-3.0.0.rc.5

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Jun 12 15:52:51 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 03:21:47PM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Peter,
>     So, I've made all the fixes you suggested,  in some form or manner,
> but I'm most interested in how to fix the HAVE_ETHER_HOSTTON,
> and STRTOF define problems.   ./configure is suppose to figure out
> if these routines exist, and then we're suppose to do the right thing.
>
>    Seems like the ./configure test has a bug?  Do these machines
> not have definitions for these routines?  Are we just declaring them
> with the wrong parameters?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know!!!
>
> Carter

	It is defined in /usr/include/net/ethernet.h it just doesn't appear
to match completely:

#ifndef KERNEL
#include <sys/cdefs.h>

/*
 * Ethernet address conversion/parsing routines.
 */
__BEGIN_DECLS

int     ether_hostton __P((char *, struct ether_addr *));
int     ether_line __P((char *, struct ether_addr *, char *));
char    *ether_ntoa __P((const struct ether_addr *));
int     ether_ntohost __P((char *, struct ether_addr *));
__END_DECLS
#endif /* !KERNEL */

#if defined(HAVE_ETHER_HOSTTON)
   extern int ether_hostton(const char *, struct ether_addr *);
#endif

	Removing the "const" above appears to fix the problem although it may
break other OSes.