argus-3.0.0.rc.3

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Jun 8 13:55:31 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 01:14:45PM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> No body should need to modify the code, permissions seem fine  ;o)

	I suppose that makes sense and a simple chmod fixes it when I'm doing
things I shouldn't be :-)

> The no frag struct means that we're processing a fragment, but
> the internal frag control block for the parent flow has either been
> deallocated or was never allocated (unlikely).  This could
> happen if we think we've seen all the fragments, deallocate the
> fragment tracking control block, and then, ..., somehow, we get
> another fragment for the packet id, or a copy of one we've already
> seen.   This, of course, is not suppose to happen.

	Ah the "should not occur type transmission error" which used to require
a reboot of MVS to get out of :-). This is likely a stray fragment (2.0.6 sees
them occasionally) rather than a problem in the ring code I think. I'll have
to see if I can find one in one of the 2.0.6 archives. I think we used to
output a record for an unassociated frag (but I may also be remembering 1.8.1
:-)) and I think the type field was frag rather than tcp or udp. I see lots
of frags but nothing like that in the currently active argus.out file in
production and the ring buffer instance is still fine.