create monthly overview

Peter Moody peter.moody at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:41:15 EDT 2006

Hey Robin

On 6/6/06, Robin Gruyters <r.gruyters at yirdis.nl> wrote:
> Hi ya,
>
> I'm looking for a way to generate a monthly overview which contains
> total bytes per protocol of each (sub)net range. (ragator, rmon,
> rsort, ... ?!)

so someone else probably has better ways to do all this, but I'd run
something like:

/all/of/my/argus/logs/last/month$ cat * | ramon -r - -M HostSvc -M
Net/24 - 'port MUMBLE'

I use ragator and rasort for storing the files.  My understanding of
the argus format is that records aren't necessarily stored in
chronological order.  This seems to be a function of argus aggregating
flows.  so at the end of the day, I ragator the file(s), then rasort
based on startime and keep the resulting file.

Cheers,
-Peter