PF_RING (and web100) linux kernel

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Jul 21 23:27:46 EDT 2006

	No not yet :-). We are first going for stability (our last attempt on
my athelon machines tended to go out sideways without any comment requiring
a hard reset). Perhaps next week I'll switch to the Westgrid fibre and get
them to run it at a full gig (I expect it will do fine because the athelon
could keep up with 995 megs using jumbo frames and a 100 meg buffer in the
ring). One of our projects is going to buy a gig DAG card and they are trying
to swing a 10gig one instead. If we can borrow that we can try the Westgrid 10
gig link and see how fast we can go. Should do quite good because the P510 is
dual dual core CPUs for 4 way with 4 gigs of ram.
	I'll add the userland ring code to the ftp site a bit later tonite (we
expect that will also be needed to be useful).