argus-3.0.0.rc.16.tar.gz available

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jul 11 15:14:05 EDT 2006

Lots of bells and whistles in ratop().  the 'h' key does help a lot.

ratop() is a general aggregator, so it has most of the features
of racluster() built in.  So, if you wanted to modify the aggregation
on the fly, because there were too many flows, or you were interested
in a particular server or a remote subnet's activity with your network,
as examples, use the "m" key and change the flow key
identifiers.   (use the arrow keys to maneuver around in the field).

If you're looking at a remote argus, and your were interested
only in the class B subnet aggregate traffic, hit the 'm' key and
then backspace over everything, and type (assuming your looking
at only one probe's output):

    matrix/16

and then a carriage return.  The screen will clear and they you'll
see the subnet <-> subnet aggregate status up come.  the data is
aggregated as it comes in, so the stat will build.

type 'F' and just type 'srate drate' at the end of the line and you can
see the bps impact of each subnet.  Kinda cool.

Carter