argus-clients-3.0.0.rc.15

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jul 10 12:13:03 EDT 2006

Hey Peter,
The ARGUS_ICMP_DSR provides the information when a flow
has an ICMP packet mapped to it, primarily for unreachables,
so we can know what intermediate node (inode) complained.
This is useful for traceroute tracking, but also for loop detection
and analysis.  In this case, the flow key and the network layer
info are the values for the flow parent.

You are interested in getting the ARGUS_NETWORK_DSR right
when the flow is an ICMP flow (flow->flow_union.ip.ip_p ==
IPPROTO_ICMP).
The ARGUS_NETWORK_DSR (network layer info) should be
populated with all the available information, probably after
the options status flags are set right.

I'll put it in now.

Carter