Argus and MTP

Mark Poepping poepping at cmu.edu
Tue Jan 10 01:33:01 EST 2006

I'd talked with those guys several times (at JointTechs), but not since
maybe a year ago.  As I recall, their stuff is essentially optimized for
pipelining IDS processing, I didn't think they'd deliver packets to the OS
very fast -- unless you're working with them to distribute argus (which
didn't sound too likely)..

That was a while ago, and things maybe have changed, but I was under the
impression that there would be better general-purpose network cards for
this..  They may be at the next JT again, so I'll see what they're up to.

Mark.

--
Mark Poepping
Head IT Architect, Computing Services; Carnegie Mellon