Reading Argus records on FreeBSD i386 or amd64

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Mon Jan 2 22:47:22 EST 2006

> Hello,
>
> Issue 1:
>
> Should data generated from Argus reading a Libpcap trace on FreeBSD
> amd64 be readable using the ra client on FreeBSD i386?
>
> (I would hope so?)

You would, but it's not 64-bit clean yet.

Try using the i386 binaries on the amd64 system, or if FreeBSD can do
it, compile in 32 bit mode on the amd64 system.  I use Fedora for my
argus system, and use a copy of argus compiled on a i386 system so I can
read the files on other systems if necessary.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2069