rc.35 backward compatibility issues

Philipp E. Letschert phil at uni-koblenz.de
Fri Dec 15 16:03:31 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 10:44:18AM -0500, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Phillipp and Robin,
> I've made the changes for this issue, and fixed a few other's, esp
> percent loss,
> and the icmp's (as you pointed out) were also missing.
> Should be up either this afternoon, or on Monday.
>
> Carter

Carter, Great Work!!

I have some other issues with absolutely minor importance, just to have things
more polished:

- the ra state flags seem to have slightly changed, and this should be
  in the ra man page as well: INT and EST are gone, RST, FIN, STA added.
  for ICMP the new flags (probably v6?) appeared:
  AHA, ROB, TRC, DCE, MHR, WAY, IAH, MRQ, MRP, DNQ, DNP, SKP, PHO, NDS,
  NDA, NDN, NDR, PTB
- the s/erng/drng/ typo is in the clients distrib ra.print.all.conf as well
  as in the clients.h file in the argus distrib. The ra.print.all.conf has more
  fields as yet documented in ra(1) (intpk*[max|min]...). I dont know if they
  are fully functional yet, if so it should go to the man page as well.
- in the argus distribs ./common folder is a file 'outfile' which probably is a
  leftover from testing and does not belong to the distribution.

I dont attach any updated documentation right now, because I'm not sure if I
got the changes mentioned above right...

Cheers, Phil