fix against rc.27 clients

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Aug 25 18:59:33 EDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 12:16:17PM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Peter,
> Hmmmm, there is nothing wrong with the existing strategy for overloading
> columns, as the current strategy tries to prioritize the flags to
> provide
> indications of say QoS impact (flow control is a bigger deal than ECN
> when it comes to degradation of throughput, as an example).   We don't
> want to use tooo many characters for the flags, but we want to convey
> some semantics as hints as to what is going on with the flows.

	I figured there was a reason for overloading the columns, and sorting
was my guess :-) but that said (and admitting I have no idea why I would ever
want them) it seems a shame to have the data but not be able to get to it
somehow. Perhaps yet another field which will print out all the flags
associated with a flow (probably easiest implemented as writing the flag once
in the overloaded sort friendly buffer as now and again in a longer buffer
where any flag that can coexist in a flow has its own position (either
overlayed or if thats easier one quite long buffer) if an all flags option
has been set? Does anyone else think this is useful? At worst the data is in
the records you could write a client that would pull it out but then a note
somewhere telling people that its there if you need it is probably in order.