a curiousity ...

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Aug 18 11:19:36 EDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 12:36:37PM +0200, VIEAU C?dric 172196 wrote:
> Hey Peter,
>
> > 	I was (am) poking at the direction and status codes on
> > 2.0.6 to 3.0 conversion because it is about the only non
> > working part left. [...]
>
> Well, IMHO maybe this is a good thing that v3 directions are not the same as v2.

	That is what Carter implied earlier and is why I have been ignoring
this up to now :-). I don't have a problem with the direction changing as
long as its correct. I think the dsr change is likely to cause trouble though
because if I recall correctly the syn seen flags are in that dsr and if they
reverse but the counts don't (and from the output they don't seem to) that may
make the output incorrect (or of course I may be wrong :-)). Thanks for the
patch I'll have a poke at it (and more importantly I expect Carter will look
it over with a better idea of whats supposed to happen :-) and see if I can
make sense of it.

> Argus-v2 directions are a bit hard to fully understand (at least for me, see attached doc I once tried to write (it's maybe outdated since the lastest patches against 2.0.6)).

	If you can send Carter an example that would be very useful. I don't
have any real V6 around (just Macs and Unix boxes looking hopefully for V6
routers) to try it with.