Argus Database.

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Mar 15 09:05:05 EST 2005

The only problem with putting argus data into a database,
in order to sort, is that scaling is an issue.  At some
argus sites, they are generating 5-10K records per second,
and mysql isn't going to keep up with that kind of
transaction load.

And when using bulk inserts, to get the best performance,
you need to pre-sort the data based on your key strategy
before you insert, so, ......, you don't really win that way.

I would be interested in doing the right thing on the
sort algorithm.

Carter