Argus Database.

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Sun Mar 13 23:44:43 EST 2005

	Hmmm, that may be worth trying. When I read about tying though it
seemed to indicate that the hash was still in memory it just also went to disk
which seemed to mean I'd have the same problem (exhaustion of the in memory
portion of the hash) but that may just be one of unclear documentation or
unclear reader :-).
	The usual problem is a wide ranging port scan producing large numbers
of single flows to different hosts. The index tends to blow up and while adding
memory would help to some extent it is still possible to exhaust it (and doing
the same to disk would be much harder as it can be much much larger easily).
While the more memory trick would fix me for now, it wouldn't help someone
like Eric with 5 or 10 times my traffic and a general solution would be more
desirable.