my thesis on an argus system

Thorbjörn Axelsson thx+argus at medic.chalmers.se
Thu Feb 24 03:09:42 EST 2005

I wrote my Master Thesis on setting up an argus system in a somewhat
complex environment (eight OSPF controlled links, optical splits etc.).
I meant to send it long ago, I finished it in the beginning of the
summer. If it can help anyone that would be good.

Since that report was finished I have done quite a few changes to the
system, most importantly I have set up a third machine with a 600GB
raid for log aggregation and storage. The next step is to actually
write to socket instead of file, I start the tests today, so that
should be soon.

http://www.medic.chalmers.se/~thx/giga-final.pdf

At the moment I cannot guarantee that it will stay in that location
forever, but at least a few months.

regards,

Thorbjörn