argus_parse.c questions

Nick Giordano ngiordano at mitre.org
Wed Feb 23 17:37:44 EST 2005

Carter,
   Sorry about that.  I found my mistake.  I was expecting -X to clear
configuration set by previous rarc files, not the command line
arguments.  I was using ra -nnn -r <files> -X -F test_rarc and it was
clearing the data input value and ra was hanging.  When I run ra -X -F
test_rarc -nnn -r <files> it works great.
  There is no note about -X in the ra man page or -h output but the
argus man pages reads:

       -X   Clear existing argus configuration.  This removes any
initialization  done  prior to encountering this flag.  Allows you to
eliminate the effects of the /etc/argus.conf file,  or  any  argus.conf
files that may have been loaded.

  I should have noticed that, sorry for the trouble.

  About the dabytes,sabytes idea, would you be open to a patch that
added this capability?

Nick