Rotating Argus Logs

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Dec 27 22:17:20 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 09:16:39PM -0500, Scott Dexter wrote:
> Has anyone found a way to rotate argus logs on say a daily basis?
> (Perhaps even removing logs after a week or so).
>
> Thanks
> --
> Scott Dexter
>
> "You're not one of us."
> "I don't think I'm one of them, either," said Brutha.
> "I'm one of mine."
>
> Terry Pratchett (Small Gods)

	The usual answer is argusarchive (in support/Archive in the argus 2.0.6
distribution) which cycles and archives the logs on an hourly basis. I have
a modified version that will handle multiple instances and a few more changes
in ftp://ftp.sfu.ca/pub/unix/argus/argus.traffic.perl.tar.gz along with a
variety of other scripts useful for keeping argus running.