FOLLOWUP: oddities with ramon

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Apr 25 17:52:59 EDT 2005

Hey Harry,
   Sorry for the delayed response.  You're probably running into
the 32-bit counter overflow problem.  ramon() is an aggregator,
and because argus data is limited to 32 bit counters, if merging two
records would result in a counter overflow, the tool, will immediately
flush out the accumlated record and start aggregating again, so you
don't lose any data.

   Most people use perl() to handle this condition, and ragraph() is
the example we provide in the package to show how to deal with
it.  It maybe that having a simple routine that does just the aggregation
would be a good idea?

Carter