FOLLOWUP: oddities with ramon

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Thu Apr 21 22:53:45 EDT 2005

Hi All,

First, thanks for the many good hints in trying to figure out why:
ramon -M TopN 10 -nnnr argus.[date] was spitting out off of it's records.

I've since moved over to a linux box for running argus and the same
thing is again happening.

I've checked /var/log/messages for any signs of memory trouble and none
are present. I've also run top in another session and ramon will take
anywhere from 103M to 207M while it's crunching numbers.

I have found something interesting though... If I run ramon against my
first netblock (I have two class Bs 192.168 and 172.16)
ramon -nnnr argus.[date] - net 192.168
then everything works as expected (this netblock sees considerably less
traffic then the second netblock)

However, running it against the second netblock is where things go
hay-wire. But if I limit the scope in the second netblock then things
again work
ramon -nnnr argus.[date] - net 172.16.1

Ideas?

Thanks,