[ARGUS] build with bison OR yacc

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Sep 30 13:33:21 EDT 2004

Well, the only reason we shifted to bison so long ago was
because yacc sets a large number of globals, and when we
linked with libpcap, which also used yacc at the time,
we would get multiple defines of the same global values.

Bison fixed this a long time ago, by allowing you to set
a global variable prefix, but yacc took its time,
and some vendors, like SGI, took even longer to get yacc
to where you could have multiple compilers linked together.

I'll add Mike's ./configure mods, we'll put yacc up front,
and we'll see if anyone complains!!!

Carter