[ARGUS] BSD argus/Linux ra problems?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Nov 23 00:41:52 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 02:34:36AM -0800, Michael Sanderson wrote:
> Peter Van Epp wrote:
>

> >	Touching ./devel and ./debug in the argus-clients source directory
> >	and
> >doing ./config make would be interesting.
>
> .devel and .debug for anyone that reads this later.

	Yep, typo on my part :-).

	Since Michael is just across town from me I gave him access to a couple
of my test sensors. Core2 seems to like the SUSE 9 sensor but not the FreeBSD
one, so it looks to be a Core2 to BSD issue OK, although the stuff below is
fairly bizzare since I don't see why the debug level would sometimes make
things work correctly (unless this is a timing issue somehow).

> >Then starting ra with
> >
> >ra -D 8 -S server -w /tmp/t
> >
> >will dump debugging information to the console and may provide a clue
> >about what is wrong.
>
> The plot thickens.  ra -D 8 -S ... runs.  -D 1 through -D 4 don't work.
>  -D 5 through -D 8 work (run multiple times) when at the shell.  When
> running under gdb, only -D 8 would work.  Here is output from the -D 4
> and -D 5 runs.

<snip>