[ARGUS] argus -F /path/to/argus.conf no longer in 2.0.6?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon May 10 12:06:14 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 08:46:02AM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Richard,
>    Well, actually, I was just now testing to prove that you
> were crazy, but in fact you are absolutely correct, there is
> a bug in the resource file parsing routines now.
>
>    Not sure how it got past us, but I'll have a fix out
> today.  Sorry you didn't find this last week :o(
>
> Carter

	It must depend on you overriding a default file then, because I've
been testing with ra -F /data/rc.conf -r argus.out and its reading rc.conf
just fine (there is no /etc/rc.conf though). I also have a better patch for
overriding the DNS translations in argus_parse.c too. This one allows you
to set  to "both", "port" or "none" (really anything but both or port :-))
to translate both, only ports or neither.

*** common/argus_parse.c.orig	Thu May  6 13:43:22 2004
--- common/argus_parse.c	Sat May  8 16:40:39 2004
***************
*** 3998,4007 ****
                                break;

                             case RA_PRINT_HOSTNAMES:
!                               if (!(strncasecmp(optarg, "yes", 3)))
                                   nflag = 0;
!                               else
!                                  nflag = 1;
                                break;

                             case RA_PRINT_LOCALONLY:
--- 3998,4009 ----
                                break;

                             case RA_PRINT_HOSTNAMES:
!                               if (!(strncasecmp(optarg, "both", 4)))
                                   nflag = 0;
!                               else if (!(strncasecmp(optarg, "port", 4)))
!                                     nflag = 1;
! 			      else  /* assume the value was "none" */
! 				    nflag = 2;
                                break;

                             case RA_PRINT_LOCALONLY: