[ARGUS] ragator flowfile format change?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon May 10 11:42:05 EDT 2004

Hey Roman,
New code, hidden options.  Take a look at the sample ragator.conf file
in the ./support/Config directory, it mentions 4 new options, and we need
to turn one on to get the output you're looking for.

Add this line to the beginning of your 195.68.217.13.new configuration:

RAGATOR_AUTO_CORRECTION=no

You should get the correct output after that.  The record autocorrection
logic is/was on by default, and it was 'fixing' your data for you.
This undocumented auto correction feature 'fix's records that may be
flipped, and it does this by looking to see if the reverse flow is in
the cache if the forward flow can't be found.  In your case,

   *        <->   x.y.z.w

wasn't in the cache when ragator first see's it in the stream, but

   x.y.z.w  <->   *

is, so, unfortunately, ragator 'corrected' the record.  Not what
you're looking for.

Its definitely not suppose to be on by default, so I'll fix this
in the current ragator().

Hope this helps!!!!

Carter