[ARGUS] Argus Data Struct's

Glenn MacGregor gtm at highstreetnetworks.com
Mon May 3 21:01:05 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I am new to argus, great app! I want to write a program which reads in the argus
file and processes the data, builds a nice screen, etc. I am looking at the code
which reads the "argus.out" file, it seems more complicated that necessary (to
me).

I am having a bit of trouble reading the FAR records in. The MAR records seem to
be fine. I forst read the header (16 bytes) which has a length, I use that
length - sizeof(header) the get the amount of data to read for the data (body).
This is correct in the case of the MAR record, 112 bytes and sizeof(argus.
argus_mar) is 112 bytes. In the case of the FAR record that I am dealing with I
have a length of 104, that - 16 is 88. The size of the FAR struct is 72 (88 -16
again).

Am I missing something simple here? Any input would be great!

  Thanks

    Glenn

Glenn MacGregor
HighStreet Networks