[ARGUS] sorting larger logs

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Mar 23 11:35:36 EST 2004

	While I thought that ragator should do this, common sense tells me its
unlikely unless ragator is going to sort the 4 files, since the clients
typically read the input files in sequence. I suspect the best bet is to write
a client program that takes the 4 (or n) input files and writes the oldest time
stamp from any of the n input files to the output file which I think will do
what you want without an unneeded in memory sort. I'm not aware of such a
client currently (although someone else on list may have one).