[ARGUS] ragraph and gateway directive

James Lever j.lever at uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 21 08:30:21 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a detailed view and profile a network of interest and
so far am using argus with ragraph seems to be the quickest way.

To this end, I've captured a couple months of tcpdump data and have
processed it into argus format and am now starting to tinker with
appropriate syntax.

I'm stuck with ragraph and the ra gateway directive and am having a bit
of a problem.

> $ ragraph bytes dport -M 5m -r data-full/argus.2004-02-09-04:02 -
> gateway 192.168.11.10
> ArgusError: rahistogram[29345]: 'gateway' requires a name
>
> ArgusError: rahistogram[29344]: rahistogram: gateway 192.168.11.10
> error
>
> usage: /usr/local/bin/ragraph metric (srcid | proto [daddr] | dport)
> [-title "title"] [ra-options]
> /usr/local/bin/ragraph: unable to create `/tmp/filekfQ19c.rrd': start
> time: unparsable time:

I've also been looking at other tools such as FlowScan; If anybody can
give me advice or pointers as to how to do this more effectively,
please do.

cheers,
James