[ARGUS] 2.0.6-fixes.1 core dump - large capture data

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jul 29 09:04:23 EDT 2004

Mike, crank it back to 1020 bytes.
carter

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
[mailto:owner-argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of
slif at bellsouth.net
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:36 AM
To: argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Subject: [ARGUS] 2.0.6-fixes.1 core dump - large capture data

Hi, Sorry for the terse writing this morning.
I've gone back to capturing the first 1024 bytes of data
using argus, and have produced a core dump.
No other sniffers are running on this machine, and
The only interaction with argus is a modified argusarchive,
which copies the captured data file in addition to the argus.out file.

I'm enclosing a tarball that has the information culled so far,
and the scripts and patches that I've applied which permit me
to build the argus in the Linux Fedora Core 2 system that I use.

I can print anything else requested, the core file and binary
are moved aside.
-Mike Slifcak