[ARGUS] State of the nation (well Argus anyway)

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Wed Jul 28 02:34:28 EDT 2004

Hi Carter,

Where is Argus (and the clients at) at the moment?

Word on the street is Debian's going to crank out a stable release sooner
rather than later, and I'd like to make sure that it's got an appropriate
version of both Argus and the clients in it.

Currently, if we released a stable version tomorrow, it'd have argus
2.0.6.rc4, and argus-clients 2.0.6.beta.47

Ignoring the version numbering issues with 2.0.6, which I have a couple of
options of working around, bug-wise, is 2.0.6 better or worse than
2.0.6.rc4? What's the deal with this 2.0.6.fixes.X that I've seen mentioned
on the list? Am I best to roll a Debian-specific 2.0.6 + fixes in
2.0.6.fixes.X and call it 2.0.6.debian.specific or what?

regards

Andrew