ramon problem with argus-2.0.6.rc2

Dietmar Goldbeck goldbeck at e-trend.de
Wed Feb 25 14:45:45 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 10:37:32AM -0500, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Dietmar,
> Well, it is working, but indeed, they aren't consistent.
> The simple clients that are provided with argus, are indeed
> a different thread from the argus-clients distribution.
> This is mostly an historical thing, more than anything else.
>
> My inclination is to remove all clients from the argus
> distribution and provide the clients that are in the
> argus-clients distribution.
>
> Would that satisfy?

Yes, i think removing historical versions is good.

BTW: I needed argus on a SuSe Linux today and Suse has a working rpm
of Argus 2.0.5. The admin wanted to use the rpm and we tried it.  The
ramon binary didn't support any -M TopN, -M Svc and perhaps SuSe
didn't even notice, that a second rpm with uptodate argus clients is
necessary. So please make the Argus tar archives "stupid distribution
safe" :-))

--
 Alles Gute / best wishes
     Dietmar Goldbeck         E-Mail: dietmar.goldbeck at acm.org
Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi): Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western
Civilization?  Gandhi: I think it would be a good idea.