new argus release update

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Feb 13 14:34:38 EST 2004

Hey John,
   I just finished the port, and all of my windows machines
are very low demand workstations, and an exchange server
handling one email account, so I have no idea where it will
top out.

   The key to the argus port on windows is winpcap running
on cygwin, so if its any good, then argus should do well
enough to monitor a 100MB link, without too much trouble,
but that is only a guess.  I have a native windows argus
that does 100Mbps no problem, but it is a 1.8 version,
and not suitable for open source.  Interesting thing
about that argus was it was written in C++, hard wired
to a WinDis driver, and it cooked pretty well.

   After I get argus-2.0.6 out, I'll put the 2.0.7.alpha.1
code base up and we can figure it out.

Carter