[ARGUS] ra. output format

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Aug 20 11:28:55 EDT 2004

Hey Konstantin,
   Argus tracks loss in IP flows when a protocol that argus
explicitly understands has an sequence number.  For these
protocols, (tcp, rtp and esp) argus reports the number of
missing sequence numbers in a given reporting period
(FAR_STATUS_INTERVAL).  For TCP the loss number is equal to
the retransmission number, which makes some sense.  We do
make an attempt at dealing with out of order packets,
especially for TCP, so the numbers should reflect total
number of missing sequence numbers in that slice.

Carter