[ARGUS] sasl a solution (ugly, but a solution :-))

eric eric-list-argus at catastrophe.net
Fri Aug 13 11:36:55 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 10:43:38 -0400, Carter Bullard proclaimed...

> So, even official cyrus sasl clients, like imap or sendmail don't
> have a "find sasl.h" m4 macro, so, ....,  it will take a bit of
> crafting to fix this one in configure.in and aclocal.m4.  I'll
> add the patch below for now.

Hey Carter et al,

I definitely think linking against SASL is one of the main reasons
more people don't implement it. Is there a way to generate a
Makefile based on something like...

 ./configure --with-sasl=/usr/local/sasl

or something like that? It might make deployment much easier, and
perhaps we could even push maintainers of some platforms to offer
linked versions of argus as well for instantaneous fortune and glory :)

Something like

 argus-2.0.7-sasl

etc..

Thanks.