[ARGUS] Reason for (not quite) duplication between argus and argus-clients?

eric eric at catastrophe.net
Tue Aug 10 12:51:43 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 09:47:09 -0700, Joe Christy proclaimed...

> Apparenly in two separate cvs repositories, so let me re-phrase my
> question <flame>to avoid further wise-ass non-answers</flame>:

My comment wasn't a wise-ass comment - perhaps you should change the
way you read email.

> Why are there two sets of files with identical names, with quite
> distinct revision histories, and nearly, but annoyingly different
> contents being maintained in two separate cvs repositories? Why did
> argus-clients fork from argus? Are there any plans to merge them?

They are merged when a major release happens. There was an
argus-clients.2.0.5 and argus-2.0.5, which then got merged into
argus 2.0.6 as it was released.

> I'd be willing to volunteer to help rationalize the codebase.

If there was a CVS tree accessible, I think we all might pitch in a
bit more with patches.

Carter: perhaps we can get a public CVS tree up and send you cvs
diff's as patches?

- Eric