[ARGUS] Peculiar cross platform argus/ra non-interoperability

Joe Christy joe at eshu.net
Mon Aug 9 19:21:05 EDT 2004

I found another FC2 linux box to play with (I was going to see if ra on
one could read from argus on the other), and hit the compile-time
problem in gencode.c that I had forgotten about since I first installed
argus{-clients}-2.0.6.fixes.1 and patched it to look for the pcap-bpf.h
from the current pcap (Mike Iglesias posted about it some time ago).

Could the problem I'm having now be another pcap version skew / header
(re-)name situation? When I dig around I find that there some other
source files that #include <bpf.h> besides gencode.c. And what about
argus{-clients}-2.0.6.fixes.1/include/pcap.h vs. the system pcap.h? I
notice that there are considerable differences between these header
files in the argus distribution and the corresponding system headers,
both for FreeBSD-4.10 and Fedora Core 2 .

	Joe