[ARGUS] Peculiar cross platform argus/ra non-interoperability

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Aug 9 13:56:21 EDT 2004

	But if I read this right a socket connection from the FreeBSD host to
the FreeBSD host works correctly? That would suggest a format difference or
misinterpretation between FreeBSD and Linux (unfortunatly I don't currently
have a Linux box up to play with along with not much time :-)). A MAR record
is a man record if you are looking at ra, and I'd guess is the initial one
that gives the version number in this case. Its probably time to use gdb
to catch whats coming in and see how it differs from the same thing FreeBSD
to FreeBSD (making the assumption that is indeed working). The two are the
same byte order so this is somewhat strange.