[ARGUS] compile problems on OBSD 3.4

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 3 00:43:15 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,
	 I admit I have not been following the issues around 2.0.6 closely so
if this has already been mention the please accept my apologies.

I have just copied the 2.0.6 tarballs from the dev directory and
attempted to install them on an OBSD 3.4 box.  The
argus-clients-2.0.6.fixes.1 compiles fine but the server part gets lots
of errors in gencode.c

=1 -c ./gencode.c
gencode.c:62:21: net/bpf.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../include/argus_filter.h:71,
                 from gencode.c:65:
../include/gencode.h:194: error: `BPF_MEMWORDS' undeclared here (not in
a function)
../include/gencode.h:258: warning: `struct bpf_program' declared inside
parameter list
../include/gencode.h:258: warning: its scope is only this definition or
declaration, which is probably not what you want
In file included from gencode.c:65:
../include/argus_filter.h:228: warning: `struct bpf_program' declared
inside parameter list

Any ideas what the problem is?

--
Russell Fulton, Information Security Officer, The University of Auckland
New Zealand