[ARGUS] Segmentation Fault with 2.0.6rc2 on FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE

eric eric-list-argus at catastrophe.net
Fri Apr 16 01:15:27 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 21:54:29 -0700, Peter Van Epp proclaimed...

> 	Can't speak for Eric, but all of my boxes pretty much (work and home)
> run ECC ram. Its not worth my time to fight memory problems when a small
> capital outlay for ECC eliminates it as a possibility. From the traces Eric
> provided earlier it looks like something in the code is 0ing a little far
> sometimes :-)

I've heard all this talk of bad RAM for years now; personally, all I
use is *BSD type systems, and I've never seen an actual memory
problem -- especially with a program termininating in the way that
argus seems to be dying off in this manner.

I've been restarting argus often now and it seems to be working well
-- I know this is a hack, but....well....sometimes they seem to
work! :)

- Eric