[ARGUS] Autoconf problems on powerpc

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Mon Apr 12 03:42:01 EDT 2004

Hi Carter,

I'm experiencing a problem with the Makefiles generated by the configure
script in argus-2.0.6.rc2

Specifically, it's invoking gcc with a -mpowerpc64 (whereas it should be
just -mpowerpc). I note that rc2's configure was made with autoconf 2.57,
whereas the previous version I'd packaged for Debian (beta.14) was made with
autoconf 2.13

Could you possibly make another release candidate that is made with
autoconf 2.59? I haven't been able to conclusively determine that there's a
powerpc related bug in 2.57, but I note that Debian's using autoconf 2.59,
and has been for a while.

Build log is at

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=argus&ver=2.0.6.rc2-1&arch=powerpc&stamp=1080442666&file=log&as=raw

If you're interested.