ramon -M HostSvc

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Oct 1 23:49:03 EDT 2003

Hey Andrew,
   Sorry for the delay, I've been traveling quite a bit, and
now am just back in NYC.  No you should just choose the
HostSvc option.  With this keyword it will set the TopN style
of counting on automatically.  So this is not really too
complicated, the real issue is to get the right ports for the
service part of equation.  You should be working with well
formed bidirectional records, so the ephemeral ports will be
tagged as the source port.   So how does the raw argus data
look?  Do you run it through ragator() first?  That may be
required to get all the records correlated.

   There is a hidden option that may help here as well, the
-V option (validated), which will exclude records
where the service port is not reliable.  Try running your data
through ragator() then use ramon -VM hostsvc to see if the
data doesn't calm down a bit.

Carter