argus-server: argus interface monitoring confusion

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Thu May 15 23:09:34 EDT 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 06:58:25AM +0300, Yotam Rubin wrote:

> 	When a user specifies an interface to monitor through the -i switch,
> it is added to a list of interfaces collected from the configuration file.
> The expected behavior would be to have -i override the configuration file,
> and not work in conjunction with it. This can become very confusing and lead
> to hazardous results.

Carter,

What is your opinion of this? Yotam has submitted this bug and another
(viewable at http://bugs.debian.org/argus-server) for changes to the
default argus behavior that I am reluctant to see go into a
Debian-specific package of the software. I'd like the Debian package to
maintain identical functionality to the upstream software whereever
possible.

regards

Andrew