argus exits when hit with stick

Jed Haile jhaile at nitrodata.com
Tue May 6 14:29:37 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I have been running argus 2.0.5 on a redhat 7.3 system. When I run
stick (an intrusion detection testing tool) against the system argus
writes a message to syslog: "ArgusUpdateFRAGState (0x87d8f38, 1) no
extension buffer" and then exits. Stick generates many fragmented
packets, and other nasty stuff from many random sources, and I suspect
this is the problem.

I ran it in a debugger, and it is definitely exiting via ArgusShutDown,
and not segfaulting or otherwise failing.

Anything I can do to help argus handle this situation?

Thanks,
Jed