Using tcpdump input

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Sun Mar 30 22:39:09 EST 2003

	Try a small (~ 100 packets or less) transfer where you can compare
each packet in both tcpdump and argus with what was sent would be my suggestion.
I'd also be tempted to try using tcpreplay out of one machine in to the other
to eliminate the span port on the switch from the equation initially as well.
Once you understand what happens at small volumes (where it is feasable to
examine every packet) then move up to big files.