ra (or equivelent) in daemon mode?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Jun 20 17:58:05 EDT 2003

	Before I look at possibly reinventing the wheel, was there any
resolution to the question of how to have argus on one box writing only
to a socket and ra (or something else since ra seems overkill) on another
box that listens on the socket and writes the data to disk? Basically what
I'm after is argus_linux spread across two machines. One collecting /
processing (but doing no disk I/O) and the other one writing the data to
disk and being rotated by argus archive (and possibly running ra against
the data in the archive). Linux is up and listening to a fdx link on a pair
of bonded 3c905Bs (and currently writing to disk on the same machine) now I
need to move the disk I/O to another machine in preparation for changing to
Gig.